Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield
I'm trying to keep an open mind about replacing Andy, in case a new coach wants to do so, but I keep seeing reports like this:

Quote:12/7/17: Mayfield has completed 71 percent of his passes this season for 4,340 yards with 41 touchdowns and five interceptions. He also has five rushing touchdowns. Mayfield led Oklahoma to an impressive road win at Ohio State, lost a shootout at home to Iowa State, and led the Sooners to an epic win over Oklahoma State, in which Mayfield threw for 598 yards on the Cowboys.

Some in the media have said they think Mayfield will be a first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. I reached out to some team sources, and they said that could be possible given the way quarterbacks rise. Mayfield is undersized for the NFL with just average arm strength, however. He can have issues reading defenses, too. One big area of improvement for Mayfield is his footwork as he gets happy feet in the pocket. One college scouting director told me that Mayfield's feet are terrible. In speaking with one NFL general manager, they said they liked Mayfield and had a fourth-round grade on him. Their team always grades quarterbacks hard, and they like how Mayfield has played this year.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz51AOlFkcW

Is this the guy who ran from police and points at his crotch on the field?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS Sports Mock Draft: Bengals take Baker Mayfield - Shake n Blake - 12-13-2017, 03:25 PM