Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mo Egger: The Biggest What-Ifs Of The Marvin Lewis Era
(12-28-2017, 07:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There's nothing like a walk down memory lane.  Why is it that when you do so with this team, it so often involves a swift kick in the 'nads?

What always bugged me about the 2005 season was what led up to the playoff game.  We were 11-3 with a crap Buffalo team at home and a road game against a mediocre KC team remaining, and we lost both of them.  If we win those we get a bye, Pittsburgh has to go to Denver(I think), and Carson's injury never happens.

Because that's our history.  It's written in our DNA.

We are a maddening combination of horrible luck and bad decisions.  When the right decisions are made and things are seemingly in place, fate steps in and pisses on the fire. 

We defy logic.  We defy nature.  We are the broken clock that isn't right twice a day, the blind squirrel that doesn't find the nut.  Kicked when we're down, kicked when we're up.  We can't trust the good times because we have been there before and we know what is coming.

If you put this history into a work of fiction, it would scoffed at for being beyond belief.

What Bengal fan truly believes the Bengals will ever win a SB?   And yet, here we are and here we'll stay.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mo Egger: The Biggest What-Ifs Of The Marvin Lewis Era - McC - 12-29-2017, 12:28 AM