Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!"
(01-22-2018, 01:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1) That was different because that was because we had no choice and we did it (getting rid of Chad and T.O. and Bratkowski) in an attempt to keep Carson, but not really because we were looking to improve the team.  

Also, aside from those three (we had no choice with Carson), I don't remember many other changes being made, and definitely not with more quality coaches (besides for Gruden) and being more active in free agency. 

2) The fact that, in the one press conference that I recently linked, he talked about things like going out and winning games (instead of things like getting a lead and playing not to lose), being more aggressive, getting the most out of players (where previously he always tried to make players fit into the system), and just other things like that.

1) Different, shmiffernt. You asked a question and I answered it. Don't move the goalposts afterwards.

2) Show me where Merv has ever said in a press conference how he plays 'cautious' or that he plays 'not to lose'. Otherwise, I don't see how you can be excited that in his 16th year as head coach, Merv will suddenly coach differently.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!" - PhilHos - 01-23-2018, 01:42 PM