Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome?
(03-15-2018, 08:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He has at least one other person that he could have got an apartment with (he was actually supposed to be getting this one that just fell through with this friend).

Also, I decided to Google open apartments because you brought up a good point and there might not be many available, except there is a BUNCH of places to rent within a mile or two of my place, including the one that he was looking at with our other friend.

That was just from clicking one link in the search results, and there's also a lot of others within 5 or even 10 miles.

It's not about the availability of places. It's about a whole host of factors: location (if he doesn't have a car, how is he going to get to and from places); amount of rent; are utilities included and if not, how much are they; other fees/costs (for example, our apartment doesn't have free laundry services; we have a coin operated, shared washers and dryers or for $50 a month, we can get a washer and dryer in the apartment) are just the STARTING point in looking for a place.

There were a whole host of places when we were looking too. The problem was finding a place in our budget that also met some other needs we had. Like I said, our needs probably differ due to us being a married couple, but just wanted you to know that it can take time. Heck, even after we agreed on the place, it still was another month and a half before we could move in.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome? - PhilHos - 03-22-2018, 05:34 PM
My Friend Is Moving Out! - BFritz21 - 03-14-2018, 08:34 AM