Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Dark Horse: Dre Kirkpatrick

With the signing of a DC like Austin that specializes in defensive backs and creating turnovers, I think we see better play back there, and more interceptions. Dre has had good production with picks in the past. He hasn't played the best lately. Made a lot of mistakes, taken a lot of penalties. I think Austin and our new DB coach will clean up his play and get him playing more technically sound. Thinking he could nab 5 picks this year.

Dud: Carl Lawson

Wanna see the guy produce. But this is just my gut feeling. He slowed down as the year went on. I'm not sure how they'll use him this year, either. A lot of people are really high on him and I think he might fail to meet expectations. Hope not, obviously. Wanna see a lot of sacks by this defensive front. It has been on the decline though, and part of that is because they're on the field too much. Would definitely be good to get some young guys in the rotation and producing.

Hope you are right about Kirkpatrick and wrong about Lawson. Dre can be decent at times and can pick the ball off he is
just so inconsistent and obviously flambouyant. I really think Dennard is the guy besides Will Jax that will impress if he can
stay healthy.

The way they are talking about Lawson playing SAM kind of seems like a move that could backfire. He is a great pass rusher
but he gets lost in space, just hoping the guy can learn to cover and stop the run cause it looks like we are putting all of our
eggs in that basket. I like Rashaan Evans a lot, but it seems like we won't draft him from what Jim O says.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2018, 01:14 PM