Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of these four may fall...
(04-17-2018, 10:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd take Roquan Smith all day. He is an elite playmaker at LB.

Edmunds may have more athletic upside, but Smith is the better player at this stage and doesn't need to develop the instincts and recognition that Edmunds does.

Smith is a hair worse as an athlete (though he doesn't have the physical size that Edmunds does) but is significantly more advanced at "being a Linebacker" so I think I'd take Smith over Edmunds.

It'd be close though.

The two safeties. Eh. Maybe I'm falling into the Marvin Lewis trap, but I think an elite LB is more important than an elite safety.

This is an excellent point.  We have all seen the dramatic drop off in defensive production when Burfict is not on the field.  Can a safety impact the team unless he plays nickelbacker as much as a player like Roquan Smith?  Is the improvement of an athlete like Derwin enough to bump Shawn Williams out of the lineup?  Remember, this is Marv we are talking about.  

You might have changed my mind.  I guess I am just not as high on the player, Smith, as many others.  I would rather get our C and RT early and then maybe get Shaq Griffen in the 3rd, or maybe you have to package a 5th with your third to move up to get him.  It isn't just a great story, I love the way that kid plays the game.  His twin playing safety for Seattle last year at a high level also bodes well for him.  He is the only guy that will make me go buy a jersey (with his number on it)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
One of these four may fall... - SHRacerX - 04-17-2018, 08:58 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - Jpoore - 04-17-2018, 09:08 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - Jpoore - 04-17-2018, 09:10 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - CJD - 04-17-2018, 10:24 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - SHRacerX - 04-17-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: One of these four may fall... - J24 - 04-18-2018, 12:44 AM
RE: One of these four may fall... - CJD - 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM