Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.. I Thought The Win Was Better Than Most I Guess?
I'm a bit surprised to see so much negativity on a few things. I know it was an ugly game, but it is week 1. I mean, we were just talking about how "boring" the freakin' Falcon and Eagles game was a few days ago, and those are two SB contenders. And maybe you guys don't feel we are being negative, but I just wanted to put some positivity in here.

Yes, I would agree about the right side of the line.. but I was really happy with the win. Just some bullet points:

- You can't downplay the ability of our team to COME BACK, despite some serious adversity (obvious no calls on Dalton vs roughing passer calls for Luck for example). I honestly thought when they went up by two scores that it was over.. because I've seen this team wilt under pressure too often. But man, it was exciting to see our offense go out there and throw some punches.

- Please don't underplay the fact that Andrew Luck is an ELITE QB. He looked fantastic out there, and we don't have a bad defense. I think our LBs are suspect, but Luck has the ability to make everybody look good. Make no mistakes about it: we beat a top qb in the league. Him being gone for so long doesn't matter.. it's about how he performs on the field.

- The Bengals need to focus on building a really good o-line over time, because Joe Mixon is a monster. He showed us today that he is just as versatile as those big names you think of (Gurley, Bell, DJ). I'm NOT saying he's already at their level, but I am saying that he has a chance. He's a weapon that teams will have to worry about every week, and that helps Dalton a lot.

- Dalton played really well.. and I even saw some fire from him?! I don't see this often, but he was showing some emotion in the game! Just a small thing that got me more excited. By the way, it shows the difference when he has the ability to step up in the pocket, thanks to solid center play.

- I think WJ played TY pretty well. TY is a beast when he has Luck throwing him the Ball, but WJ didn't allow much really. That slant route is just a really tough route to defend.

- JOHN ROSS IS FINALLY HERE

- SO IS TYLER EIFERT... HOPEFULLY

Overall, I think our team can be a tough out for most teams in the NFL. I'm not sure we can hang with everybody, but we have talent in key areas on the field. Thursday will be tough, but I do think we have a good shot of winning.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
.. I Thought The Win Was Better Than Most I Guess? - thillan - 09-10-2018, 01:05 PM