Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was this a bad year to replace Marv?
(01-13-2019, 04:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wholeheartedly agree that they need one, and it would be easy to give it some stupid ad space and naming right to make the cost offset.

And I didn't mean to say one team's practice facility should make a huge point, but the Vikes just built it and if I were a free agent, a facility like that to help keep my body in the best possible shape would certainly influence my decision.  If I saw the Bengals and Vikes as equals as playoff teams (potential) but I saw that facility, it wouldn't even be close.  

I would think they could invest in one, use the expense to help tax issues, and amortize the cost over 20 years.  I don't think it is the money as much as they don't see the need.  Maybe a new coach will think otherwise.  

The Steelers have a huge training facility with multiple outdoor and indoor practice fields. I've biked past it.

The Bengals...have some outdoor fields under a bridge.

Quite a major difference.

It's just one of those things...teams might not win BECAUSE of a practice facility. But owners willing to build a facility when they don't have to will likely do other things in order to win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was this a bad year to replace Marv? - THE PISTONS - 01-13-2019, 04:36 PM