Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks?
(01-29-2019, 09:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: They are going to have to drop some money in FA to plug holes.  I mean, you're generally looking at your first and maybe 2nd round picks being able to be counted on as a decent week 1 starter, depending on position and if you hit on the pick.  If we're hoping for a guy who can be an immediate starter with our 3rd round pick, we're not in good shape.

We're probably looking at 2 LB's, RG, RT, TE, and nickel CB if we're being safe.  Maybe the new staff will watch game film and wonder "WTF are they doing starting Redmond over Westerman?"  That would knock RG off the list.  

With the wholesale coaching changes, there should be guys who show improvement.  Otherwise, why change coaches?  So there may be guys currently on the roster who flip the switch and turn things around.  Conversely, there are probably going to be guys who struggle with the new system that were good under Marvin and Co.  A lot of our success next year is going to hinge on Taylor and the staff being able to identify current players who don't fit and jettisoning them for picks and or cap dollars to get guys that do.

I'm hoping the O-Line coach is solid and they give him the tools to succeed.

PA really set this team back with his bad picks and they're going to need to ditch lost cause guys like Hart because he brought the same horrid play to this team from his last and didn't improve.

I'd really like to see a mid-level experienced FA lineman like Clint Boling brought in at either RG or RT to play with draft picks.

Boling is not some kind of world beater but he gets the job done and is versatile.

I'm also convinced, for the money, the could get a player better than Glenn at LT.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - BengalsRocker - 01-29-2019, 09:41 PM