Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is great-but is he really ELITE?
(01-03-2016, 01:40 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Player B has more receptions, more yards, the same exact YPC average and turnover statistics, and a whopping 30% more TD's.  Oh, and his team has won more games. (Wait, are wins only a Dalton statistic?)

Are we really penalizing AJ for staying healthy?  And let us not forget that Julio Jones enjoyed at or near his prime Roddy White his first two or three seasons lining up on the other side, and a perhaps the greatest Tight End to ever play as well.  And he had a better QB in years 1-4 as well.  Could that not all add up to the idea that he drew less coverage and say better thrown balls for much of this time?

Is it easy to argue that Julio Jones has been better as of late?  Sure.  But I'm not so sure it's as simple as throwing up a 1,700 yard stat line vs an 1,100.  Julio Jones is just seeing an insane amount of targets.  Most in the NFL.  He's been targeted 70 more times than Green.  And a lot of that has to do with team being really good, and having to throw less, because they sit on leads and the other team being pretty bad and having to throw more because they're often playing from behind or are in a shootout.  Not to mention AJ has been paired with a backup and ulta conservative offense this last month.

I get where you're going with this, which is obviously the averages.  But pointing at the fact, that as far proven numbers, what actually happened, AJ Green has outperformed Julio Jones thus far in their careers, is only going to convince me more that he deserves to be in that group.

If you could have the optimal QB and be guaranteed the health of the QB and WR for the entire season, what order would you take these receivers?

A.J. Green
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Green is great-but is he really ELITE? - rfaulk34 - 01-03-2016, 01:54 AM