Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN, What If Haskins Falls To Bengals
(03-25-2019, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know, but your point is valid.  Heck Christian Ponder, Blake Bortles, and Blaine Gabbert were all drafted pretty high in Rd 1.  So was the kid from Washington...Jake Locker?  There will be a run on QBs, but it will likely be teams hoping to trade up as the really early selectors (Jets, Bills, 49ers, Lions, and Buccaneers all have their supposed QB, but the Cards, Broncos, Giants, Raiders, and Dolphins are kind of wild cards that could go after QBs.

I would say that those are the only real teams (Cards, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, and Dolphins) that are in the running to draft a QB in the first round and no one seems to want to give anything for Rosen, so...

There is a very good chance that Murray would go to the Cards and the Giants would take Haskins.  As far as who would take Lock,  I have no idea.  If the Cards don't take Murray, look for the Dolphins to try and jump in front of the Broncos to get him.  I would call them and make a trade offer for their second rounder so they would know they could get him or the Bengals could select Murray.  

As much as I would prefer Haskins, Let's not forget this is a business and they are going to want to try and sell tickets.  Can you imagine Murray in the same division with Mayfield and Jackson?  The only QB that is a traditional drop back would be Piggy.

You might say Miami wouldn't make that trade because Green Bay isn't taking a QB, but if they think the Bengals will unless they make the trade, it could be interesting.  I know Miami is all about trying to make a splash, and Murray would certainly do that.  Either way, it will be very interesting.  

I would say that the Dolphins absolutely have to draft a young QB as they have basically Fitzpatrick and nothing else.

If I'm the Raiders, I stay with Carr.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN, What If Haskins Falls To Bengals - THE PISTONS - 03-25-2019, 09:21 AM