Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Is Five Years Behind College?!
(05-15-2019, 03:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I see this as well. The NFL saw how the college game was changing and responded with essentially, "You should be following us since you go from college to pro football, not the other way around." The NFL wanted college to conform to their ways, but college finally decided to stop doing that and morphing in order to win more games. What this has ultimately caused is a more difficult learning curve in the transition from college to pros, and it will stay that way until college becomes more like the NFL or vice versa. With that said, you are seeing the pro game morph some too, as evidenced by the increase in the rules favoring offenses (far) more than defenses nowadays compared to 10+ years ago.

I wonder if this won't change as more and more players start sitting out of games to keep themselves healthy for the NFL. I could see a player making the case that not only do they want to avoid injury, but there's just not much to learn in playing the style that these schools do. If schools eventually made a move back to a more pro-style game, maybe the schools could at least argue that hey, we really will help prepare you for the next level by teaching you actual skills and concepts you will use.

Wishful thinking on my part.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Is Five Years Behind College?! - NKURyan - 05-15-2019, 04:48 PM