Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things That Make You Go Hmmm
Make no mistake about the fault of the organization. Most of us know this already but just in case there is any doubt, read this article. Also, Mike Brown has been fixated on getting that QB and will likely draft Burrow or another QB this draft.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/07/07/cincinnati-bengals-50-dave-shula/366662001/

Here is an interesting quote by Dave Shula:

“I could have done a better job of holding people more accountable to earn more respect,” he says now. “I sit back and remember having a team leader meeting, I don’t know if it was during the season or if it was in the off season and I’m not going to get into the names of the people, but looking at those players that were in that meeting – and they were undisputed the leaders of the team – this was after Boomer was gone and Anthony (Munoz), and you look back at who was in that room, not one of them turned out to be leaders. And they’ve had some issues off the field since then. Once again, I was bringing those people in. There were some players, and again I won’t get into names, but there were some players that we knew we had issues with and we held on to longer than we should’ve. I could have been, I should have been more forceful in saying look, in order to move the team forward we need to build with character and we didn’t do that in certain decisions.

“I think over the years, and now in looking and reading at what coach (Marvin) Lewis and the Browns have done in recent years and the success they’ve had and the playoff run they’ve had, I think you look at the players they’ve brought in and you see people of character. I think they learned that over the years, too.”
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Things That Make You Go Hmmm - psychdoctor - 11-21-2019, 01:15 AM
RE: Things That Make You Go Hmmm - PhilHos - 11-21-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Things That Make You Go Hmmm - PhilHos - 11-21-2019, 03:14 PM
RE: Things That Make You Go Hmmm - Sled21 - 11-23-2019, 10:33 AM