Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A dip into the Kool-aid
I realize that the fact that so many other teams - especially in our division - had good drafts needs to temper my optimism.    But I'm going to indulge in some optimism just the same.

Here are a few reasons for my optimistic view:

1) Obviously our new QB.   The guy has the it factor and (per the Locked on Bengals Podcast) players are already raving about his leadership.   Combine that with his competitiveness, mental toughness and his accuracy that alone makes me optimistic

2) We have upgraded the defensive backfield - especially with regard to tackling and the safety position.   I think we also landed a really good slot corner so there should be no drop off from Dennard.

3) I believe we have dramatically upgraded the linebacker position that will improve tackling and coverage - and just overall intelligence, recognition and and decisiveness

4) Adding Reader to the D-Line improves the ability to keep our linebackers free and upgrades the interior pass rush.

5) And it may not be perfect, but we have upgraded the O-line.   I believe Jonah Williams will be an upgrade and a constantly improving presence on the left side.   I believe we somewhat upgraded the RG position and I think Jordan will be an upgrade at the LG position.   And the more I read the more I believe that Fred Johnson displaces Hart and gives us a respectable presence at right tackle..  

6) The addition of Higgins adds a top outside threat to the WR room, that combined with the return of Green and Ross should make it a formidable position group and a deeper room

That's significant potential improvement at 6 position groups added to a team that started to play some respectable ball towards the end of the season though we were gutted at WR and O line and had average to inferior talent at the QB and LB position groups.

Today I'd say that makes us candidate to compete for a wildcard spot.   On other days I'm not quite so confident, but I am today.    Anyone else share my optimism?

Joe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-21-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - bengalfan74 - 05-22-2020, 08:49 AM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-22-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - SHRacerX - 05-22-2020, 10:22 AM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-22-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - sandwedge - 05-22-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: A dip into the Kool-aid - 3wt - 05-22-2020, 02:34 PM