Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor...when it's all said and done
(09-29-2020, 06:03 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'd like to hear what current and former HCs have to say about Cincy being a "desireable" place to coach. Lewis bit his tongue most of the time, only griping about the Ross draft pick in public. If you are a HC and you want to protect your reputation as a professional, you probably want to work with a GM who you believe will assist you. This management brain trust(who hold exclusive GM powers) decided that it would be a good idea to hire a QB coach from a team that made it to a SuperBowl by buying themselves a defense and running the ball more than half of the time. Imagine having to write a muti-page essay explaining why ZT, the least accomplished HC in the league, is deserving of his title. Now imagine if a football GM could write a rebuttal. It wouldn't be pretty. That's only one instance. They've decided to pay out the nose for a RB room that can't run, a substandard RT, and some skill positions. They have indicated no desire to make improvements to their drafting process after years of first round busts. They've shown no interest in trading aging players under the auspices of it "not being their job to improve other teams"(as if a trade is one sided). Their entire process reeks of people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing who have lucked into employing some overachievers in the past(Atkins, Green), but really have no business making football or macro strategic decisions. 

If I'm a head coach I surely would be intrigued by players like Burrow, Higgins, Williams, Pratt, Bates, etc. I would however be reticent to be subordinate to a management team that seems to be committed to doing it their way rather than allowing a team of qualified professionals handle it. I'd be worried that their processes may hamper any potential success and may possibly sabotage my career. 

So Zac isn’t in complete control??
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor...when it's all said and done - Pat5775 - 09-29-2020, 09:05 PM