Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Seahawks weren't good, we just recovered from our mistakes.
(10-11-2015, 11:55 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Perhaps this isn't a popular opinion, but alas...

Although we had to have an unprecedented comeback for these Bengals, this game should not have even been close.  We had stupid holding penalties that killed drives, fumbling issues, and forced throws in the 3rd quarter.  The Seahawks didn't play well at all, minus their RB.  The Seahawks played horrible defense 3/4 quarters.  Their offense was atrocious even without pressure in the first half.  My point is, almost every other team in the league would have capitalized on those mistakes and would have had the Bengals by their throats.  We almost gave this game away from our own mistakes, and in previous years it would have been a sure loss.

All teams are due for this type of game for at least a couple games a year.  This team showed today that they are special, by winning a game where they were making mistake after mistake against a perennial winner.  Super Bowl teams win games even when they don't play their best game, something the Bengals haven't done against a good team in a very long time.  I'm impressed, and I have no reason to believe that this can't be our year.  WHO DEY.  

alas, I think you are wrong......The announcers were raving about the Seattle Super Bowl defense, and rightfully so. They were showing why they have won the NFC 2 straight years with only giving up 7 points late into the game. They had completely shut down our run and were getting the best of our offensive line, an offensive line that often looks good. .....Plus, their RB had over 150 yards rushing and we had almost no yards rushing going into the 4th quarter. ....It was 24 to 7 and they were playing like a Super Bowl team and we were playing like the team that loses in the play-offs.....Then came the 4th quarter.  Our defense never gave up another point and also kept getting the ball back for the offense.....and our offense woke up with Gio, Sanu and EIFERT and ANDY DALTON....24 to 14, 24 to 21, Nugent made it 24 to 24.....and in overtime, Nugent made it a 27  to 24 win. ........but, Seattle played like a Super Bowl team and hit hard like a Super Bowl team. I'm glad the game wasn't in Seattle. The Bengals in THE JUNGLE made one of their best comebacks in franchise history because this was a Super Bowl team, but the Bengals proved they can play with the Big Boys and after the game ESPN and networks gave the Rodney Dangerfield Bengals some respect.......but alas, you are dead wrong to make it sound like Seattle didn't play a good game. That game almost ended in a tie, and was a real head knocker between 2 good teams.  It was, alas, a Great Win
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Seahawks weren't good, we just recovered from our mistakes. - kevin - 10-12-2015, 12:46 PM