Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike Brown Era, Will it Ever End?
(11-27-2020, 12:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: As crazy as it sounds, I think it may get even worse under Katie/Troy having full control.

There were a number of articles that came out, I think, right around 2016 that said that Katie  and Mrs. Troy Brown-Blackburn had assumed more control, and that Mike had taken a step back.  I'll see if I can find some, but I distinctly remember reading about how he passed the torch, even though he still had a say.

If you look at the comments made by Troy regarding Whitworth and Bobby Hart, it's clear that him and his Kevin Bacon looking wife had a huge role in both decisions.  Then when you consider that Katie and Duke supposedly were the ones that brought in Taylor, it appears that those articles in 2016 proved to be true.

Well, what's happened since 2016?  We've been trending down ever since.  The OL has gone to total shit, the team has gone to total shit, and we built out what is argubly the worst coaching staff in all of football (not joking, find me a team with worse HC, OC, DC, OL, etc coaches than us)

There's an old business saying or logic that the 3rd generation almost always destroys the business. (I don't know it exactly, maybe someone here does).  Well, guess who's 3rd generation?  That's right, Mrs. Katie Blackburn.

At least Mike Brown played D1 football, even if it was in the 1600's, and at least he spent a lifetime around the old man.  Katie and Troy?  A lawyer who grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, and another lawyer who married into this.  They're complete nobodies when it comes to the game.

Our only hope is that these two realize how unqualified they are to be making any decision that involves the game, and they hire someone else to run the show.  But until that happens, they'll be worse than Mike Brown.

'Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in 3 generations'

Lot's of articles about it on the interwebz.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike Brown Era, Will it Ever End? - rfaulk34 - 11-28-2020, 12:31 AM