Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many are done as fans if Zac Taylor gets a third year??
(11-30-2020, 07:09 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think the Burrow injury makes this a more interesting conversation for the Brown family.  If Burrow had a full season and didn't show any improvement, I think Taylor would have been done.  With Burrow out, I don't know that they'll look at the season through the same lens now.  And I feel that they would have given ZT three years anyway to try and build this his way.  So I would be rather surprised to Taylor terminated after this year, but not getting anything past next year (or being replaced mid-year) if he has another hideous season.  

I was hopeful when he was hired that Taylor would come in, bring in the right coaches and change the culture.  But he appears to be letting his pride get in the way on the offensive side of the ball and putting too much faith in the rest of the staff that it'll work out, it's just going to take a few years to get there.  And you know, I guess it's possible that next year it all clicks somehow.  But what I see from the team right now is lack on both sides of the ball to really game plan well and adjust.  It's stubbornness to the max.  And the pride won't let them change their direction.  And that's why I don't see Taylor ever turning it around.  

As as much as I don't want to be the team that's running the coaching carousel, I think we're still several steps away from being Cleveland and it's time to try this again.

And that's the loser mentality the Brown family has.  What they should be looking at is the fact that this team should be sitting on 8 wins but for the Burrow injury (SD, IND, PHI, JAX, TEN, CLE, WASH, NYG).  Hell, they should have seven even with the Burrow injury.  Those games were all well within reach.  No one would question whether Taylor was making progress if they have those wins under their belt.  Instead they have two wins, six bed crappings (arguably seven with the other Cleveland loss) an injured franchise quarterback and a fanbase that couldn't be less interested.  Such is the Mike Brown line of product.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many are done as fans if Zac Taylor gets a third year?? - MickMack - 11-30-2020, 07:28 PM