Poll: Do You Want Zac Taylor to Return for Year 3?
Yes
No
Undecided
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please)
(12-01-2020, 11:07 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I say Yes, keep him for one more year.

He inherited a real shitty team from Marvin, AD was already on the decline in Marvin's last year and only continued and got worse. Not only that, but the accumulation of several shitty drafts hit the fan. To me, I don't know if that was Marvin or Duke pulling the strings. Those OL that were drafted, really put us back several years. We all know MB prides himself on drafting and his rookies playing out their full contracts. Guys like Price,

This year was really his first full year, and he did much better than the previous year all around. He got to study the team in his first year and is trying to make changes to the way we have run our Defense, it's not an overnight fix.

Starting with the Draft, FA's (Marvin never got MB to open the purse as much as ZT did, so I'm curious to see how another year goes).

Sure we got bit hard by the injury bug on some of those players, but that's not the Coaches fault, this year was also a funky year with the COVID thing, so it's not business as usual for any team.

Complaining about how much JB was throwing, that's also silly, this is a Passers league now. Ofc we'd love to see more running, but this OL just sucks.  It will be addressed in the Off Season, via Sewell (that will be a big help) and better interior help. We got lucky last year and had little choice but to draft Burrow. So relax, our future is still very bright. Draft Offense and sign Defense has always been my motto on how to turn a team around quickly.

3 players that won't be back will also give us almost 30 mil in cap space.

Now there is no way MB is going to let ZT fail, he will do what is needed this next off season to get this team turned around. They have been in the business long enough to know that this team is not all ZT's fault. Besides if they don't give ZT a decent chance to get things turned around, it will hurt MB's ego even more and hiring a new coach will be even harder to get a decently talented one.

Marvin had more years his final season than Taylor has had in 2 years.
Even if you want to argue that the players were worse in Marvin's final year, he had better coaches/scheme that allowed for them to better succeed than this staff currently has.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Want Zac Taylor Back for Year 3 (Everybody Vote Please) - ochocincos - 12-01-2020, 12:30 PM