Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-04-2021, 12:59 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: ....to Taylor's staff is the most concerning part of that article. I'd hoped it would have said.....to the Bengals staff

The final game hadn’t been played when these reports came out. It could be possible that the FO saw the atrocious performance against the Ravens and decide Anarumo and/or Taylor should also be let go. We’ll see in the coming days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Profootballtalk said he may be fired. Fingers crossed. Apparrently Bengals want Brady his former LSU coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would Zac Taylor be respected around the league? One good year as a QB coach? That’s not enough to earn a HC job in your mid thirties. Especially when your only coordinator experience was an interim stint, and a dreadful college season. He literally has done nothing to earn respect/confidence whatever you want to call it. And after 2 terrible seasons it’s probably even worse now. Which is one reason I’m not that bothered by keeping Lou. I don’t think we can even do much better. He was a 5th choice when Taylor was still an unknown. I can’t even imagine who we’d had settle for now that people have a couple years sample of him.

Marvin was and is more respected than Taylor. Period. It’s mind boggling to me anyone would even debate that.

Ok, look back and follow this conversation.  The original statement that I disagreed with was that Marvin got better assistant coaches because he was respected better around the league.  There was a strong sentiment on this board that Taylor was not respected around the league and that is why a coach like Del Rio didn't take the job here.  I disputed that.  I didn't say Marvin wasn't respected.  I didn't say he was more respected.  I said that I did not believe that ZT was not respected and that was not the reason for the lack of high quality assistants.

Since then, Fred joined in and it took all kinds of twists and turns around that basic belief. 

The coaches Marvin got in Gruden and Zimmer were not hot commodities desired around the league, but the Bengals caught lightening in a bottle with both of them.  Zimmer had experience, but didn't leave Atlanta on good terms and was openly very critical of Bobby Petrino (understandably).  Marv had been through several defensive coordinators that sucked (Breshnahan, Frazier) and ended up with another one that sucked after Zimmer and Guenther (Austin).  It wasn't like we had a parade of quality coaches lining up to coach under Marv.  Zimmer worked here.  He was exactly what those teams needed.  Gruden was a very big unknown and did very well here.  The Bengals knew what they had in those assistants and paid them very well to stay, but they ultimately got head coaching gigs and left.  

It will be interesting to see the quality coaches ZT (who is apparently staying put) will be provided after this minor overhaul.  I really hope they can steal Bill from the Browns.  His line was really good this year.

As far as why Anarumo is being retained (if he in fact is), I think it has a lot to do with not having a new DC come in while ZT is essentially in a prove it year.  If ZT doesn't prove it, that DC would likely be swept out in favor of the next coach's choice.  Might as well make it a one-year package deal.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 06:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-major-shakeup-zac-taylor-coaching-staff

Key thing to note: Zac Taylor WILL be returning for a 3rd season, but the organization will force out multiple assistant coaches.

where is the barf button

Who do we think will want to work for this dude?

In this article he said he was pleased with the work his coaches was doing.... that should be all the answer the FO needs to move on lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:36 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If it is Brady or Taylor, give me Brady.

I just am gun-shy after missing so badly on the last coach with limited NFL experience when there are other options out there that have proved they can handle the league.

Here is my fear. Brady is at Carolina, a functional team, decent to good owner and he is adjusting to his first time having a major NFL job. Then, he gets hired here. Year two of the NFL (I know he was with the Saints but it wasn't a major position, labeled the generic offensive assistant for the year he was there) and he comes to a team with no GM, Duke Tobin picking players, not a lot of NFL level connections yet and he just drowns like Taylor from having to do every damn job himself.

Brady gets hired by the Texans, or Jags he probably lights the world on fire with a good support staff, he won't have that here.

We have to go for a guy that is adjusted to the NFL life, a guy who has a lot of connections and can put together a coaching staff quickly. A guy that can over-come the handicap of Tobin and the Brown family. I just don't think a guy with 1 full and true NFL season is ready for that challenge.

Yep. Brady has LESS experience than Zac Taylor and people are clamoring for him and automatically assuming he'd be better than Taylor. He might very well be, but as you said, dude has VERY little NFL coaching experience (again, less than Zac had when he was made HC) and with the way the Bengals are run, we need an experienced dude, especially after the Taylor experiment failed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Brady has LESS experience than Zac Taylor and people are clamoring for him and automatically assuming he'd be better than Taylor. He might very well be, but as you said, dude has VERY little NFL coaching experience (again, less than Zac had when he was made HC) and with the way the Bengals are run, we need an experienced dude, especially after the Taylor experiment failed.

but he does have experience with Burrow and so far whatever brady has touched has turned out well... and i believe BRADY actually called plays this year.... Something Zach never did before being HC

Burrow in college
Panthers Offense this year.

I dont think i want him as HC and OC like Zach was....    Id settle for trading a pick to get him from the panthers for OC though... WITH a new HC
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:34 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Profootballtalk said he may be fired. Fingers crossed. Apparrently Bengals want Brady his former LSU coordinator.

As much as I want to believe it, Florio is the one who kept spewing that Burrow didn't and wasn't going to come here, so I doubt there is no more weight here than it was there...unfortunately. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but he does have experience with Burrow and so far whatever brady has touched has turned out well...  and i believe BRADY actually called plays this year.... Something Zach never did before being HC

Burrow in college
Panthers Offense this year.

I dont think i want him as HC and OC like Zach was....    Id settle for trading a pick to get him from the panthers for OC though... WITH a new HC

Big woop, he worked with Burrow in college. That's a qualification to make someone with extremely little NFL coaching experience to be a HC? Did he even call the plays at LSU? I know he was the "passing game coordinator" but did he call all the plays? 

Granted the Panthers had injuries, but their offense wasn't exactly top 15. Put it this way, if Zac had an offensive showing like Brady's this past season, people would have STILL said the same things about him as an OC that they did when he was hired.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Brady came over as OC, but as HC? No. Just no.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
They're keeping him.

I cannot. XD
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: where is the barf button

Who do we think will want to work for this dude?

In this article he said he was pleased with the work his coaches was doing....  that should be all the answer the FO needs to move on lol

This made me do several things:

1.) Spit coffee on my computer screen
2.) Want to submit this as a VERY early candidate for POST OF THE YEAR
3.) Realize that we don't have POST OF THE YEAR, just a HOF.
Reply/Quote