1 Penei Sewell OT, Oregon
2 Shaun Wade CB, Ohio State
3 Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE, Wake Forest
4 Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
5 Ar'Darius Washington S, TCU
6 Amari Rodgers WR, Clemson
7a Marquez Stevenson WR, Houston
7b Landon Young OT, Kentucky

I went in expecting to take a defensive player in round one (Micah Parsons or Pat Surtain) but Sewell was still there so, easy pick. Shaun Wade was the BPA for round 2 and I am of the can't have too many good corners school, though he is primarily a slot corner and we really should make every effort to retain WJIII in addition (though I'm really not sure about what to do with Trae Waynes at this moment).

Defensive end is a need and in Basham you get a 3 down player with a great swim move. He needs to work on run defense but he's still a player that we're lucky to get in the 3rd round (again he was the BPA and projected as a mid-second round pick from the TDN boards). Rashad Weaver was once considered to have 1st round potential but due to injury and a lackluster final year has fallen to the 4th. It could very well be the case he just needs more time to recover. He is still an excellent weak side run stopper and was 3rd in the nation this year with 14.5 tackles for losses in only 9 games.

Ar'Darius Washington - Smaller, rangier safety so at first you wouldn't think he would replace Shawn Williams but I believe he can play both spots.

Amari Rodgers - Potential punt returner

Marquez Stevenson - Speed WR, replaces John Ross

Landon Young - Even with Sewell I'm not satisfied with our depth at tackle on the OL. Fred Johnson hasn't impressed. Young is a road grader and could be rotated in when we have the lead and want to pound the rock (think about all the games we had leads in at the half this year). His pass pro needs work and you wouldn't want to rely on him to replace a starter right away, but in the long term could be a decent backup.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mock I just completed on TDN - BoomerFan - 12-28-2020, 11:25 AM
RE: Mock I just completed on TDN - JWW1971 - 12-28-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Mock I just completed on TDN - pulses - 02-15-2021, 04:21 PM
RE: Mock I just completed on TDN - Crowe - 02-14-2021, 03:04 PM
RE: Mock I just completed on TDN - Crowe - 02-14-2021, 03:13 PM