Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-15-2021, 03:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, I'm not that sold on him yet, from what I've seen. I'm not saying he is bad in any way, just that he still needs some steps to be a superstar at the position - game experience, if you will. He can be great for sure, but again I have an issue with taking this for granted. He has a few games and not everything in those games was excellent, e.g. fumbling issues, holding the ball too long etc.

The protection thing is true for sure, putting our golden boy behind that line is some kind of negligent physical injury. It makes some sense to rather fix that issue first before thinking of the QB position - and go with the cheaper option before it is fixed. This line might as well get Watson down too.

Which btw is why I would rather get Fitzpatrick or someone for one year and let Burrow come back the season after, but stating that is against the OP rules.

Not sure what you've watched on him, specific to his game, but there are a few really good breakdowns on what it is that makes others (some who 'know' and some who are fans like us) think he will be elite. 

Nicomo posted a video recently and while i don't know the guys credentials, the things he cited and the examples he gave were quality. PFF has pointed out that that one part he excells in, intermediate passing game, is the best barometer--from other QB examples--to predict how good a QB can be and even as a rookie he was easily in the top 5. A lot of people poopoo PFF but that wasn't an opinion, it was based off of production. He showed he is able to hit the deep throws in college, so that's not really a part of his game he needs to "improve", as much as it's experience/protection/timing, etc. 

Most people will take anything anyone says with a grain of salt and i don't really have an issue with that, i'd just caution against only judging him on raw stats and how they compare to others. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Burrow for Watson - rfaulk34 - 01-15-2021, 04:52 PM