Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell
(04-24-2021, 11:41 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't think we'd hear for years if Chase tears it up. We took John Ross one spot ahead of Patrick Mahommes and i don't hear that mentioned too often. In order to hear about Chase he'd have to do what Mahommes does and make his team a superbowl contender every year and not even Calvin Johnson could do that. 

We're going to get crucified either way. Just be ready for it.

(04-24-2021, 11:56 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We run 3WR 82% of the time you think a 4th or 5th round pick can start year one is laughable. We need at least two speed WR and one of them has to be a starter year one and make an impact.

We lost 47 catches and 523 yards with A.J. Green leaving. We lost 47 catches and 355 yards by losing Gio. Perine and Trayveon can make up for Gio production. But you want to put a 4th or 5th round rookie in his first year to make up for the loss of Green and Ross. 

Tate 14 catches and 150 yards, Thomas 13 catches 132 yards and Trenton Irwin 1 catch for 5 yards and a rookie 4th or 5th round pick is not going to get it done.

OH, I know. I can build you one hell of a case for Chase. The biggest part of me WANTS to take Pitts or Chase. I can build a case for Pitts, too. But there is a case to be made for Sewell. It's a more conservative approach, and it's the one the Bengals are likely to take. More likely than Chase or Pitts? I don't know. Just a feeling. But then I walso have a feeling that the Falcons take Sewell, leaving us with the choice of Pitts or Chase, in which case I think they'd go Chase. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My final pre-draft thoughts on Chase/Sewell - BURROWorBUST - 04-24-2021, 12:23 PM