Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Taylor is improving?
(11-22-2021, 11:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Based off what? Drew Sample, Ryan Finley, and Jackson Carman?

He sucked his way into Burrow, and the Bengals were guaranteed a great player at #5 this year so long as they didn't go QB.

Drafting hasn't really been great otherwise unless you're talking maybe McPherson, but he was universally the highest rated kicker in that draft so it wasn't exactly a diamond in the rough that he found or anything.

Marvin was obsessed with finding a OLB/DE hybrid who could rush the passer, and had a love of making guys change position with generally poor results. He said that Dennard was the best rookie CB he had ever seen, and then Dennard could barely get into a game until his 4th year.

I don't think either of them would make good GMs, I think we just say that when we don't think guys are good coaches, but they're good people... and because we've never had a GM, thus have never seen what an actual GM could do for the Bengals.

- - - - - - 

As to the OP... Zac has improved, but he hardly could have gotten worse. I still don't think he's the answer and I think that for an offense built with Burrow/Mixon/Chase/Boyd/Higgins, it's not as good or consistent as it should be. He's not elevating anyone with his offense.
Not fair BTW I think Tobin is our defacto gm. Logan Wilson Pratt. It speaks volumes that Hodge got claimed by Dolphins. As far as Free Agency Mike Zac Duke Katie all meet. 85 percent of the input goes to Zac and Duke just a opinion. For all we know it was Tobin pushing for Hart to remain as long as he did.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone think Taylor is improving? - Bengalfan4life27c - 11-23-2021, 11:59 AM