Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on the season and next season
Have not checked in for awhile but I must say that the past season certainly had highs and lows but I do believe that we watched a team gel over time and embrace what it means to be a team as well as learn to fight till the final whistle blew. I feel as if Taylor and the staff should be commended for the past season and while there are still gaps they are certainly headed in the right direction.

I would like to see to see the team re-sign Jessie Bates (he was huge down the stretch and admitted the contract situation distracted him early on), Quinton Spain, BJ Hill, Larry Ogunjobi, CJ Uzomah, Eli Apple, and Clark Harris...this should be completely doable. I believe they should part company with Trae Waynes.

The rumor is that they will be proactive in free agency in pursuit of O line help and I hope this is so. I would like to see them pursue Laken Tomlinson from the 49ers who graded out at a 76.0 overall. The Niners have cap issues so this could be a realistic option for them. He would be plug and play at LG and Spain could work at RG. I would make a serious pursuit of the best FA center available and that is Ryan Jenson who graded out at 70.8. Tampa may not be as appealing without Tom Brady.

I would work Jackson Carman exclusively at RT as he possibly could be the future there and I feel he is a better OT than OG. I would still invest heavily in the offensive line in the draft and continue to build as this staff has been since they have arrived.

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My take on the season and next season - OSUfan - 02-24-2022, 09:47 PM