Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 1.89 Average
Biden's Lost And Not Respected
(04-07-2022, 04:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Biden's biggest problem is he has a very small actual supporter base. There's the people on the right that obviously hate him but then there are the people on the left and center left who also hate him. So the only people who would really say they "approve" of what he's doing are the centrist liberals who don't want the system to change at all, like Stephen Colbert (Mr "You can raise the gas prices to 15 dollars a gallon and I won't mind because I drive a tesla!").

He was only elected because the alternative was so vile that the majority of the left and some of the right just said "**** it, vote whoever. We can't have this garbage pile Trump as president for 4 more years."

This is not really replicated on the right. Trump is probably the furthest right politician in America (Although DeSantis appears to be making a run at the title) and everyone further right than him, like the Proud Boys and Neo Nazi groups, openly praise him because he is making extreme right wing politics more socially acceptable.

There is no Trump (and, in this context, I mean a successful politician on the fringes of the party that both has the majority support of the party and emboldens the extreme portions of the party) for the Democrats. You could argue Bernie, maybe, but he has never really gained much traction nationally, only having a one month surge in the 2020 race and being snuffed out by super delegates in 2016.

It's just a shame what American politics have come to...

The sad part is the Democrats actually had a good candidate they could have put up with Tulsi Gabbard. I don't agree with her on a lot of things, but she is right about a lot of things. Of course, when she started climbing the polls Killary said she was a Russian asset and Democrats believed her (Sound familiar) and she fell right off the cliff. And the GOP had good candidates they could have voted for other than Trump. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Biden's Lost And Not Respected - BFritz21 - 04-06-2022, 08:11 PM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - CJD - 04-07-2022, 04:58 PM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - Sled21 - 04-08-2022, 08:24 AM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - CJD - 04-08-2022, 10:53 AM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - Stewy - 04-08-2022, 10:08 AM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - CJD - 04-08-2022, 01:51 PM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - CJD - 04-21-2022, 10:55 AM
RE: Biden's Lost And Not Respected - CJD - 04-21-2022, 12:49 PM