Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bill to remove work permit requirement for children under 16 goes to Sarah Sanders
See, this is why that other post (about PnR being dead) exists.  

Please allow me to interrupt your circlejerk.  :)

Now, I was unfamiliar with this before reading this thread so I did a quick 10min google discovery on it.
  • No labor laws are being changed (Age requirements still exist as well as restrictions on what kind of work the kid can do)
  • The motivation appears to be a burden on the parents being forced to validate their child's age...which is probably a pain in the ass in instances where the child doesn't have a state issued ID
One of the main argument against this is  HUMAN TRAFFICKING?  Arkansas has had about 1500 human trafficking victims in 16 years....so under 100 a year and they think removing this burden is going to increase it?  Keeping in mind, that's all humans, not just kids under 16.  I was unable to find any data to back up the claim that child trafficking would increase with the removal of this age verification requirement.  

Separately, I find it incredibly ironic there would be any outrage from the left over removing any type of ID validation.  

Personally, I would've been annoyed as all **** if I had provide proof of my kids' ages and probably would've taken them straight to the DMV for a state ID so it wouldn't be my problem anymore.  

Ok, the circlejerk can continue now.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill to remove work permit requirement for children under 16 goes to Sarah Sanders - basballguy - 03-14-2023, 06:50 PM