Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bill to remove work permit requirement for children under 16 goes to Sarah Sanders
(03-14-2023, 06:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: See, this is why that other post (about PnR being dead) exists.  

Please allow me to interrupt your circlejerk.  :)

Now, I was unfamiliar with this before reading this thread so I did a quick 10min google discovery on it.

• No labor laws are being changed (Age requirements still exist as well as restrictions on what kind of work the kid can do)
  • The motivation appears to be a burden on the parents being forced to validate their child's age...which is probably a pain in the ass in instances where the child doesn't have a state issued ID
One of the main argument against this is  HUMAN TRAFFICKING?  Arkansas has had about 1500 human trafficking victims in 16 years....so under 100 a year and they think removing this burden is going to increase it?  Keeping in mind, that's all humans, not just kids under 16.  I was unable to find any data to back up the claim that child trafficking would increase with the removal of this age verification requirement.  

Separately, I find it incredibly ironic there would be any outrage from the left over removing any type of ID validation.  

Personally, I would've been annoyed as all **** if I had provide proof of my kids' ages and probably would've taken them straight to the DMV for a state ID so it wouldn't be my problem anymore.  

Ok, the circlejerk can continue now.

I thought I responded to this. Must have forgotten.

Why would "the left" (whoever that is) be outraged over removing "any type of ID validation"? 

You say "no labor laws are being changed," but one certainly is: the Youth Hiring Act, would delete the portion of existing law that requires an employment certificate “accessible to the Division of Labor and the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education, or local school officials” before a company can hire a child under 16 years of age.

Why in the world won't this make human trafficking easier, since it makes it so much easier for employers to hire children without confirmation of their age, and without interference from parents? 

Child trafficking for labor is also very much UNDER reported in Arkansas. This won't help the reporting/tracking of that crime. 

Where is the "pain in the ass" for parents? They require age identification to register children for public schools. 

Also, how does this "restore decision making to the parent," as Henning says? How did the parent LOSE decision making by having to sign off on a form? Looks like the decision defaults to children and employers. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill to remove work permit requirement for children under 16 goes to Sarah Sanders - Dill - 04-18-2023, 09:05 PM