Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Higgins or Chase…Who’s The Better Reciever
(03-18-2023, 11:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: I can't believe this is an actual thread, from the question asked to the spelling of receiver.

Only one of the two made the list of top 100 players and Pro Bowl. Only one set a Bengals record for most receiving yards in a game and most receiving yards in a season and crushed the NFL's rookie receiver records (most by rookie in game, in postseason, and season overall). Only one was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl in Chase's first year and almost the second year. Did fans forget how transformational Chase has been? I suppose the fans who think this is an actual question are still advocating for Sewell over Chase, because, you know, we have Higgins and don't need Chase.

Even comparing the rookie years of Chase and Higgins isn’t legit. Chase had Burrow throwing to him for the full season. If my old man memory is correct, Mr. Burrow had a devastating knee injury around half way through Higgins rookie season. And if my old man memory is correct, Brandon Allen and Ryan Finley were the de facto starting QBs. My spelling may not be to the level of the Webster dictionary, but I would think having Ryan Finley or Brandon Allen would impact a wide RECEIVER stats unless there are people out there who think these two QB were just as good as Burrow. Also, everything slows down for a young QB in his second season which would benefit a high caliber rookie wide RECEIVER. In addition, the Covid restrictions on practices during Higgins rookie years would impact needed reps which weren’t there during Chases rookie year. Comparing rookie stats has it limitations.

These RECEIVERS complement each other very well. It is funny how some of you react to the question. Now I have to add not only never to discuss religion and politics on this board but to add never discuss who is better Chase or Higgins. I don’t believe Chase is that much better. He may be better, but not that much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Higgins or Chase…Who’s The Better Reciever - IcoHolic - 03-18-2023, 09:03 AM
Higgins or Chase…Who’s The Better Reciever - Bronxbengal - 03-19-2023, 08:47 AM