Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
Man, it really is amazing how much some people are willing to swallow the spin. "Representatives should represent their districts, not their parties." Well, their districts voted for a Democrat. Their districts would likely want a Democratic Speaker. Why would they vote for a Republican Speaker that is antagonistic to their positions? Why would they vote for a Republican Speaker that has lied to them, gone back on his word, and is an ineffective leader? How is it the job of Democrats to smooth over the problems in the GOP?

Well, I suppose I can understand that mindset. Democrats have been having to fix the Republican jackassery ever since FDR had to come in to clean up after Hoover. This isn't to say there haven't been some decent Republican ideas in those years and some idiot Democrats, but in general...yikes. All I'm saying. This messaging is just a continuation of a theme. I guess it's just nice to see Republican propaganda admitting to it. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Belsnickel - 10-04-2023, 07:25 AM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM