Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
The reality McCarthy lost his job due to crossing the aisle to avoid a shutdown. McCarthy made sure funds were provided for those in Maui and other places. He made sure our soldiers were paid for 45 days. He made a deal with Democrats to make it happen, then those same democrats with not one democrat voted to fire him.

I am not sure how this plays out, but I do know both sides better figure how to reduce the size of government ad reduce our over 33 trillion in debt. Raise your hand if you think the immediate threat of climate change outweighs the US debt crisis.

Tough choices need to be made, 25 years of governing by CR's got us to where we are today. As much as I think the timing for the ouster of McCarthy is bad, the lack of a plan if ousted is just plain dumb, Gaetz is right about our leaders need to govern making fiscal responsibility a priority NOW.

Sadly, I have yet to hear on democrat in congress campaign on fixing our debt and a balanced budget. This means one party is left to do the heavy lifting. Voters will have a choice in 2024, vote for the republican party known (look at red states) for fiscal responsibility or continue to vote in Democrats that have no idea how to balance a checkbook, what alone a budget.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Luvnit2 - 10-04-2023, 12:42 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM