Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"I’m a little upset they got three points.”
(12-07-2015, 09:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They also need to hang on to the 50s and 60s greatness.  The original plan was for the team history, uniforms, and name to simply go to Baltimore but Cleveland got to hang on to all of that; hence the Browns became the Ravens and a new team became the Browns.  Browns fans have it the worst.

They hold on to the greatness of 70 years ago because it is all they have.  I lived in Cleveland for a year after college, and I can tell you it was the most miserable experience of my life.  From September to April, every single days was cloudy and grey (a co-worker informed me they actually have more overcast days than Seattle).  They did not even have a team at that point, but you would see entire families wearing Browns gear, from head to toe, on Sundays.

What I always found ironic is that they refused to build a new stadium to keep the original Browns, but then built one to get an expansion franchise with the same name... they could have had Belichick and one of the greatest coaching staffs ever assembled, but they got a crappy expansion team and Baltimore got two Super Bowls and countless post season victories.  Basically what I'm saying is Cleveland SUCKS!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I’m a little upset they got three points.” - OrlandoBengal - 12-08-2015, 01:07 PM