Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Free Agents do you Want to Retain
(01-18-2016, 05:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jim O. and Dehner have brought up that it might take a lot to keep Marvin. Hue is a fan of him and the Browns need a #1 guy. Marvin could cash in with free agency, get back with Andrew Hawkins (they're great friends off the field), become the go-to guy in Cleveland, and possibly catch passes from a Cal QB.

I know we have memories of when TJ decided to leave and become a #1, which failed, but I could see Marvin wanting to test the market.

I am reluctant to think he is going to get number one money, but you can't blame the guy for taking it if someone offers it.  He was drafted in the fifth round, and his entire rookie deal was $2.2 million.  He'll probably be 30 by the time this contract is expired, so this could be his chance to really cash in and secure his future.  Spotrac has his estimated value at five years and $22 million.  I would love to have him back on that deal, but if another team wants to offer him huge money, then I would wish him the best.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/marvin-jones/market-value/
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Free Agents do you Want to Retain - OrlandoBengal - 02-03-2016, 10:12 AM