Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-11-2016, 04:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last season Marvin Jones had played 27 games (8 starts) in 3 years. He put up 69 / 913 / 11 in those 3 years. There was no reason to give him an extension.

Last season Mohamed Sanu was among league leaders in drops. He did put up some numbers when AJ Green was hurt and they were force feeding the ball to him, but then proceeded to put up 17 / 162 / 1 in the second half of the season, completely vanishing.

Neither of those guys were worth re-signing last offseason. Jones is just a slightly better Simpson, and Sanu is just a slightly better Caldwell. The Bengals weren't ruined by either of their departures.

They had to add a WR anyway, so now just make it two. Maybe Rishard Matthews and a 3nd round pick WR or something. Anquan Boldin and a 2nd round WR. Who knows. No reason to vastly overpay for 4th and 5th best receiving threats on the team. (putting them behind Green, Eifert, and Bernard)

Fun Fact: Giovani Bernard (a RB) has as many 100 yards receiving games in 3 seasons as Marvin Jones (a WR) does in 4.

I guess you are correct, like i said i was crying over spilt milk. ***** slap my ass.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denis Claim That He Wants 7 Million - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-11-2016, 04:53 PM