Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-11-2016, 02:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: WRs who are open more will be targeted more.

Marshall & Decker = 6 combined games with <50 yards
Green & Jones = 12 combined games with <50 yards

They vanished less, so they got more targets. People always equate more targets to just being used more, but never give credit to the fact that the best WRs in the league always have more targets because they're simply open more often. If Marvin Jones was beating his guy by 3 yards every play, I am pretty sure he'd end up with 200 targets regardless of who Dalton intended to throw the ball to.

Efficiency numbers say otherwise.  Fact is, the Bengals had quite a few blow outs.  Quite a few games where the game was over at halftime.  Quite a few games where Andy Dalton did not have to throw all game.  The Jets did not.

You can't just take <50 yard games and say guys disappeared.

You can't just dismiss targets and say guys aren't used more, but they are better at getting open.  C'mon.

And I'm not disputing that Jones will get a big offer, but I will argue all day that the Bengals WR's, if given the exact same situation as the Jets, would be pretty much the same.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - ItsOdellThurman - 02-11-2016, 05:55 PM