Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-11-2016, 06:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Screw it, let jones walk let sanu walk.  Throw an absurd contract at alshon Jeffrey.  Not a crazy amount per year but structure it so the Bears have no way of matching it.

Give up your 1st and a 3rd the next year for a 25 year old proven number 1 to go with aj and eifert.  He is only 25 and you get a for sure thing - it's not like our 1st round pick is that great.

Go sign boldin for 2 years and draft some receivers over the next years in the mid rounds.

Go all in the next 1-3 years for winning a title.  Instead of paying 7-8 for jones and 2-4 for sanu you could probably get Jeffrey 5 years 12-14 per year.

I don't know, maybe it is a dumb idea but I'm tired of seeing the bengals pay tier 2 players low tier 1 money.  Why not just go to the next level for a bit more. I'm sure teams would fear aj, Jeffrey, and (put any competent wr here) over aj, jones, sanu -

And eifert

We'd have to give up two first round picks if Alshon is tagged and we sign him to an offer sheet.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - Bengal Dude - 02-11-2016, 06:15 PM