Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-12-2016, 10:28 AM)Benton Wrote: agree on the falling off, but his agent can downplay that some talking about the QB or targets. My concern isn't that he's going to be irreplaceable, just that the market this season is going to drive up costs because it's thin. And we tend not to care what the market is doing, which could leave us with green, eifert and ... I dunno. Burkhead? LOL

Ok well before FA begins (march 15) we can make him an offer of 5 years 33-35 mil, if he refuses that, then we rescind the offer and address our needs differently.

Rumors are Mack is going to be a FA this year, so switch gears and go after Mack. With Mack on this line, our #2 wr isn't as important as before. We'll just have to draft a couple WR's this year.

With or with out Jones, we better target Mack, If we can't sign Jones, then also go after Malik Jackson (26) and if necessary, we could cut Peko (3.5 mil, but this is a good draft for a DT, so we could go that route and save money). Mack wouldn't count against us for a comp pick, and he wants to go to a winning team and we do have a good track record there, so it'd be a win-win.

We'd of course bring back Adam Jones, Hall and Iloka.

I'd watch teams like Miami, Buffalo, NYJets, Pitt, Baltimore for some opportunities to steal a player from them.
All 5 of those teams are in Salary Cap trouble, especially Miami.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - Mike M (the other one) - 02-12-2016, 02:26 PM