Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-14-2016, 06:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 1. I'm saying that Marvin Jones is more than capable of doing so. Decker was the #2 target in two of the greatest passing offenses of all time.

2. We're just not gonna talk about how the Bengals had 4 players with over 400 yards and 3 players with over 600? The Bengals are one of seven teams this past season that had 4 players that had 600 or more receiving yards.

3. The Jets had no one on the passing attack besides Marshall and Decker. The next best receiver didn't even eclipse 390 yards.

4. So why would I think Jones can't reach 80/1,200/10 in a season? He has great hands. Good route running. Great with YAC. Extremely fast feet. Great sideline footwork. I see zero reason to believe that Jones can't have similar success. Zero.

1. Yes, good players make good offenses. It's not like he rode around on the coattails of the offense, he put up big numbers. Not sure why you keep trying to turn this into a negative for Decker. He left that offense and still has produced very well, proving it wasn't just due to Manning.

2. Is that a thing? Also, this is the second time you're failing with numbers on response to my posts. First you say they had 3 players with over 600, but then you say they are one of seven teams this past season that had 4 players that had 600 or more receiving yards. Your stats are contradicting themselves.

First off, nice arbitrary cutoff points for yardage. Secondly, what does that even mean? Nothing?

3. And once again, why would you try to make it sound like a bad thing that 2 WR are so good they can carry the rest of the passing game on their backs? It's not their fault Jones isn't good enough to force balls to be thrown his way more frequently.

Jets top 4 receivers: 3232 yards
Bengals top 4 receivers: 3200 yards

With Ryan F'ing Fitzpatrick.

4. Because he's never come close to sniffing it. That's the reason he can't. He plays behind AJ Green, so he'll never be double covered less than he currently is, and he had a QB who was having an MVP season for 75% of the year. If he couldn't sniff it in 2015, he never will. He can still be a good player in the NFL, just as an okay #2 WR.

Side note? For being "extremely fast", he doesn't entirely show it on the field. Bengals top 5 receiving targets career longest catches...
AJ Green: 82 yards (TD)
Mohamed Sanu: 76 yards (TD)
Tyler Eifert: 61 yards
Marvin Jones: 47 yards
Giovani Bernard: 46 yards

He has only managed to beat the RB to stay out of last place by 1 yard.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - TheLeonardLeap - 02-14-2016, 08:08 PM