Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the bengals really that cheap?
(03-06-2016, 05:20 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Yes. That is exactly what I said. I want the Bengals to pay bonuses to players not on the team. I never once made a mention of that. I never insinuated it, but that was the point of my post.

You claimed that cap values were more accurate on what a team was spending than "cash spent".  I used the dead money issue to prove how wrong you were.

(03-06-2016, 05:20 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Some teams make bad deals. I didn't say I wanted the Bengals to sign bad deals. I want them to spend more of their cap than constantly rolling over money for tomorrow. Eventually, tomorrow has to come, right?

The NFL salary cap last year was $143.3 million.  The Bengals were able to spend OVER that cap amount ($146.5) because they had rolled over cap space from the year before.  That also explains why the Bengals were not able to roll over as much this year as they did last year.

And finally, rolling over cap space is voluntary.  This year the Broncos, Saints, and Rams all chose pocket money instead of rolling it over as cap space.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the bengals really that cheap? - fredtoast - 03-06-2016, 05:51 PM