Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year
(05-06-2016, 02:00 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote:  The man is troubled for sure but can he be rehabilitated like Jones? He obviously could have been considered a cancer because remember this:

Las Vegas shooting case and suspension[edit]

On the morning of February 19, 2007, during the 2007 NBA All-Star Game weekend in Las Vegas, Jones was allegedly involved in an altercation with an exotic dancer at Minxx, a local strip club. Jones and American rap artist Nelly patronized the club that evening. Nelly, along with someone known as Richard Rich, showered the stage with hundreds of one-dollar bills; an act known as "making it rain." Jones then joined Nelly by throwing his own money for "visual effect." Club promoter Chris Mitchell then directed his dancers to collect the money. According to the club's co-owner, Jones became enraged when a dancer began taking the money without his permission. He allegedly grabbed her by her hair and slammed her head on the stage. A security guard intervened and scuffled with members of Jones' entourage of half a dozen people. Jones then allegedly threatened the guard's life.[7] During this time, Mitchell and a male associate left the club with a garbage bag filled with $81,020 and two Breitling watches, which police later recovered.[8] After club patrons left following the original confrontation, the club owner claimed a person in Jones' entourage returned with a gun and fired into a crowd, damaging equipment and hitting three people, including the security guard involved in the earlier skirmish. The guard was shot twice, and one of the people hit—former professional wrestler Tommy Urbanski—was paralyzed from the waist down. Jones maintains that he did not know the shooter, although the club's owner insists that Jones did. On March 26, 2007, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department recommended to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion, one misdemeanor count of battery and one misdemeanor count of threat to life.[9]
More trouble followed Jones after the altercation, when drug dealer Darryl Jerome Moore was arrested. After the arrest, Moore told the police about his phone conversations with Jones. "We gotta slow down, man. We gotta get him focused on football, man." Moore is alleged to have said. Wiretapped phone conversations between Moore and his friends revealed Moore talking about how Jones bet on college games to earn quick money. "You know, I was talkin' to him the other day about smokin', and he was like 'man, if I didn't smoke I couldn't take all the stress that I'm dealing with right now,'" Moore said.[10] Jones has not been connected to the Moore drug arrests or convicted for the Vegas stripper incident.

Heavy stuff, click the link for even more!

Anyway, so yeah.. Adam Jones was a gamble but now everything is peachy. Look we aren't going to sign Hardy so this chat is a mute point anyway. I just don't like double standards that's all. You can't fry and doom Greg Hardy without considering Adam Jones. You may have the last word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jones_(American_football)#Las_Vegas_shooting_case_and_suspension

You are completely missing the point.

None of Jone's teammates thought he was a cancer.

EVERYBODY pretty much thought Hardy was a locker room distraction and a complete prick.  If you can't see the difference when it comes to the team, then I don't know what to tell you.

Sure, the off the field stuff may be similar or even worse for Pac-Man, but there was a long line of teammates and coaches that thought the world of the guy and hoped that he could change.

I've never once heard anyone say that they like Hardy.  

The bottom line is that nobody likes the guy and nobody wants him around.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year - Hammerstripes - 05-06-2016, 04:14 PM