Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals, Zeitler won't reach an extension
(09-09-2016, 07:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Grader, grater.. meh. Maybe I want him to shred the defenses in the run game. Lol

I'm not down on him, I think he's a good player and I say that every time, I just don't think he's a great player. If you're in the top 1/3rd of OG, that means you're in the top 20-21. That doesn't scream top-10 contract to me.

I think Zeitler is basically the Michael Johnson of the OL. He does well, he's a good player, but he's not someone who's great, and he's not worth breaking the bank over.

ESPN, if you look at the team rushing stats, it shows their YPC and you can order it from top to bottom.

Just because someone spent $17m/yr on Olivier Vernon, doesn't mean I want the Bengals to start paying their good-not-great players ridiculous amount of money, too.

Good point, I mean top 1/6.  As I forgot to include 64 OG.  But, that is nit picking.  Show me 10 OG that are clearly better rated in overall game, run + pass blocking combined, and I'll concede that he's not worth the money.  Furthermore, I really think that you have to consider that he's had Cook/Bodine to his left and on again off again Andre Smith/pot luck to his right.  He has been the only rock steady individual right of Center.  He's worth the contract for his position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals, Zeitler won't reach an extension - SunsetBengal - 09-09-2016, 07:24 PM