Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"How the Bengals used dirty play to tie the Redskins and stay alive in 2016"
(11-01-2016, 03:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He was on the turf, he just hadn't been "touched" down. There was no real reason to lower the hat and hit him like that.  

(11-01-2016, 04:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: For 100 years there was.  For the last five years I guess not, but except for it drawing a flag, it doesn't bother me.  He didn't come in at 100 MPH, he didn't hit him in the head.  

If the Refs are saying that he gave himself up, they should have blown the whistle. Then I would have gladly thrown the flag for them if that hit still happened. That said, if he's not down, and the ref doesn't blow the whistle, play football. Quitting before the whistle is no good. That's how a guy gets back up and runs it in for a TD. I've seen it happen where players assume a guy was down and he keeps playing and gets the TD. Heck, it happened just last season with Brandon Tate.

That's the same as hitting someone almost out of bounds. If they didn't want to get hit, they should have gotten out of bounds sooner instead of trying for that extra yard or two.

QB doesn't want to get hit while running? Should have slid feet first before getting into a contact situation. They couldn't have touched you then.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "How the Bengals used dirty play to tie the Redskins and stay alive in 2016&q... - TheLeonardLeap - 11-01-2016, 06:15 PM