Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston
(12-24-2016, 08:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's a gamble anytime those guys step out on the field. Any wrong move could be there last wrong move and any hit they take could be there last.

That's true...but the gamble is much, much greater when the player is already injured and not properly healed.

Quote:Keeping them in a little bubble of safety because they worry about their health when they want to play is bass akwards, and insulting to their competitive nature.

Making an injured player sit until he is properly, or sufficiently, healed isn't putting them in a 'bubble of safety'...at least in my opinion. Instead, it's taking a necessary precaution to make sure that a 50% tear doesn't become an 80% tear, or worse. These next two games are basically meaningless in the big picture. Why take a risk like that if it isn't needed?

As badly as he wants to get back on the field (and I'm sure he's disappointed as hell right now), it was AJ himself that said - "I'm not going to put my whole career [in jeopardy] just because of a record. I've got a lot of football left to be played and I'm not going to push it just to try to get that and have to miss more time next year or have surgery because I went out too early and tore it even more."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston - Bengalholic - 12-24-2016, 08:36 PM