Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston
(12-24-2016, 04:00 PM)jowczarski Wrote: It is true that it is not fully healed. A.J. said so himself, but he felt he was good enough to play and he told me he was comfortable with the idea that it wasn't totally healed.
Clearly, on Friday, they reached some kind of conclusion that he could suffer a more severe tear by playing at game speed and that made ownership leery of their $80 million receiver having to face offseason surgery (at the worst).

I can't speak to what the doctors said. With ownership telling me Green faced an "inordinate risk" in playing, it means they were told he could play - but there is a better chance that he tears that thing off the bone in its current state as opposed to say, a 100 percent healthy hammy.

Thanks for your updates. Jim.  

Guys, in general, this is much ado about nothing.  Some people will claim this is another stupid move by management.  It isn't.   It was 100% the right thing to do.  As far as if there were contractual obligations, I can't say, but to imply that they are making this decision based on money is ludicrous.  When have the Bengals not paid their top talent?

Green is upset because he is a competitor, and this was a bigger national stage than even a Monday Night game.  I get it.  I'm glad he is upset.  It matters to him, and he can be upset all winter and take that energy and train his arse off and come back next season even stronger and be that much better a player.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston - SHRacerX - 12-26-2016, 11:16 AM