Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
(02-23-2017, 05:47 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I disagree. I don't think it's THAT dire of a situation. They have to move on eventually. What's the difference between now or next year other than the team is a year further behind and the young guys will have contracts ending within a year or two at that point and the Bengals will be over a bigger barrel at that point.

The Bengals will need a LT and RT sooner rather than later. To extend Whitworth in the sunset of his career with several young players and high draft picks sitting there makes little sense to me. They have to coach better. They have to play better. Whit is too much money and too old. It's a huge risk.

Well i guess we just disagree.

It would be different if we had an O-line coach that i had some faith in to coach up younger players.

Whitworth, Boling and Zeitler are our only good O-lineman and if we lose two of them we are screwed.

We are not going to make any big splashes in FA from what we have seen in the past, doesn't matter
who we draft cause we cannot coach them up into NFL quality players. Whitworth is our best O-lineman,
i don't care how old he is and he is a probowl level LT.

We will not be able to just replace him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broncos expected to go after Whitworth - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-23-2017, 06:35 PM