Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Broncos expected to go after Whitworth
(02-26-2017, 02:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Mike Brown makes it very hard to be a Bengals fan. We have 3 key free agents and the money to sign all 3 since they're sitting on $40 million+ of cap space. Unfortunately, writers are already helping spread the Mike Brown math that the Bengals will on have around $20 million to actually spend because of the draft, injury cushion, practice squad, rollover for next year, and so on. The Bengals are cutting their cap space by over half! $20 million is not enough to sign Whit, Z, and DreK much less try to keep Burkhead. Unfortunately, we're about to watch at least 2, if not all 3 of those free agents walk away and not be properly replaced because we value comp picks more.

I understand people showing how the big spenders don't tend to equal winners. I'm not asking for the team to be big spenders. I'm not asking them to "win" free agency. I want them to keep our own important players while adding complimentary pieces that are not past their prime, former first round busts, or bargain basement reclamation projects. That tends to be what I see most fans asking for. Somehow, that makes us bad fans or football ignorant fans because we want our team to actually try to win now.

I know Brown loves the draft because it's cheaper, but I'm tired of the draft and develop until the final year of their rookie contract and be forced to make a decision on an unknown because we wasted them for 3-4 years. Spare me with the list of rookies who have started. The Bengals dick around with draft picks more than they use them.

Whit should already have been re-signed. If they really wanted to keep DreK and Zeitler, they should have already been signed as well. Instead of getting screwed on comp picks again next year, lets actually sign our own plus a couple of others that might help push us up the ladder. Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bengals only get to play with 30-40% of their cap space unlike the rest of the league.

New year same ol' Mikey Brown.

One and all knows that since free agency began the Bengals have been a complete failure of a team. Mike Brown, unlike his father, refuses to change with the time. Paul Brown was a leader of change in the NFL. His son never learned that, never even recognized it from what I can tell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broncos expected to go after Whitworth - BengalChris - 02-26-2017, 04:21 PM