Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(02-28-2017, 01:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: We offered Marvin the same deal he took in DET, so I am not sure what else you wanted us to do. It's tough to know how much you will need in contract negotiations because structure has a lot to do with it and you have to find a structure that works for everyone.

Once again, I don't disagree with the thought we don't spend money the best at times, however we do spend it which is the argument that has been presented in this thread.

If Hobson did this same article last year and at the end said "that leaves us $5 Million to play with in FA" would everyone have had a different view? I'd guess no. They would still argue his math was misleading and so on.

Hobson reported we offered Marvin Jones a similar deal.  There is a difference between similar and the same.  Kinda like the similar deal we offered Jonathan Joseph which turned out to include less guaranteed money compared to the Texans' offer.  The Bengals rationale was he might get more guaranteed money with the Texans, but we are less likely to cut him so he might make slightly more over the life of the contract.  In an industry where an employee is one play away from career ending injury and the team not full filing the contract, that is a poor strategy.

When Hobson reports "similar" that's code for not the same.  Unless I see the details of each offer nothing will convince me otherwise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-28-2017, 01:29 PM