Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
The team rolled over money from last year to this year. The team has also said that the money rolled over from last year wasn't for this year's free agents. That means that money will be rolled over again and more will probably be added to that number. That is the team saying it is not getting spent. That's straight from the horse's mouth. I don't have to make up anything that they don't spend money. They've already said they're not spending that money this year.

I still stand by my statement that the rest of the league must use a different salary cap. Somehow, cash strapped teams are able to retain their own and even add higher tier free agents. The Bengals somehow are unable to figure out how that process works. We get told by the team that we draft, develop, and keep. However, we draft, develop, let them leave, replace them with bottom tier free agents (cheaper) or draft picks (cheaper).

While the actual statement is not true, all 32 teams have the same salary cap, there are 31 teams who find ways to use it to make an effort to add talent while 1 team constantly spreads misinformation to their fans. The Bengals have the space and ability to sign their own and even B level free agents. They chose not to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with? - muskiesfan - 02-28-2017, 01:32 PM