Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(02-28-2017, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: The problem is people are arguing different things in here. I am arguing they have spent the money, I am not arguing they have spent it wisely (for the most part that is). I have argued they have made attempts to keep their own when they could, but not at the price of overpaying (see Sanu). I think some here don't understand all contracts have multiple year implications and use the crutch of one year cap figures to justify excessive spending. Last year only 5 teams in the Playoffs really spent more than us. It is bad coaching and pad play more than anything that has cost this team in recent history not the lack of spending. That 5 Millions roll over may have gotten us one guy last year, but we weren't one guy away last year. People need to look big picture.

Spending money and spending is wisely are the same discussion tho. If you spend starting money for backup production, that's usually not a good sign. sure you spent close to the cap, but you spent it unwisely. Good teams can usually forecast these things since they know YEARS In advance the guys they need to sign and guys they need cut to for younger, cheaper options. That's responsible cap spending. It should be included in the discussion on why we're so close to the cap but so far away from a Super Bowl.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with? - Hoofhearted - 02-28-2017, 08:22 PM