Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
The final 3 games of 2006 were agonizing. We needed one... Just one freaking win to make the playoffs but completely Bungled that season away. I still say 2006 was the worst season I ever endured as a Bengal fan (that I can clearly remember, anyway. I was a kid through the 90's).

Last years playoff Bungle against Pittsburgh was pathetic. Easily the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Bengal fan (the Week 1, 2009 Denver Bungle is a close second). But it didn't hurt the most. In a way, I was actually glad they lost. They didn't deserve to win with the amount of stupidity those guys showed at the most critical moments in 25 years. I was infuriated, but not miserable. 

The 2006 playoff game when Carson got Kimo'd hurt so much worse. I remember the sideline reporter (Suzy Kolber) gave a general diagnosis that Carson's knee was mangled, and a quick Google search I did at halftime showed it was a potential career ender. I couldn't watch much of the second half. I felt physically ill. I got in the shower at some point and just leaned against the wall, and began crying. Not sobbing but there were definite tears that night, the first and so far only time the Bengals reduced me to tears. I thought Carson was done. I thought our potential dynasty was over... Turns out, I was kind of right. Carson was never the same after that. I'm not sure if it was the knee injury or Bengalitis, but he never became the equal to Peyton Manning/Tom Brady like I always thought he would... Makes me sick even thinking about it now.

2005 will likely never be topped for me. That was the most fun I ever had during a Bengal season. I finally got to wear my jerseys, hats and hoodies with pride. I received praise and congratulations from teachers and friends at school. People (mostly girls) were jumping aboard the Bengal Bandwagon. I was finally able to talk some smack on Sunday's... Life as a Bengal fan was so good then. The present was great and the future looked even better... And it all came crashing down in one, agonizing play....

I'm going to get drunk  Cry   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - Pat5775 - 03-22-2017, 02:46 PM